Heritage Clay Tiles Ltd have always been passionate about their traditional roof tiles and other products. It is this passion that has driven us to becoming the number one choice with roofers and builders up and down the country. We strive to ensure that our traditional roof tiles, whether they be machine and hand made, are the very finest that you will find on the market and at an unbeatable price too. The care we take in the design and manufacturing of our traditional roof tiles has secured us a reputation for excellence among the roofing community.
Here at Heritage Clay Tiles Ltd, we nelieve in keeping the old traditions alive when it comes to manufacturing our traditional roof tiles, as there really is nothing like the look and texture of a well made, traditional roof tile. The deep textures and colours of our ranges will stand the test of time and outshine the competition.
Our range of traditional machine made roof tiles offer a truly classic look of the finest hand made traditional roof tiles, but they have the benefits of modern manufacturing techniques and they are so simple when it comes to installation.
Our machine made traditional roof tiles are carefully crafted to replicate all the features of handmade traditional roof tiles, so the customer can enjoy an great alternative product should their budget have restrictions, but without compromising on the unquestionable quality or durability of the tile.
Our traditional roof tiles that are carefully hand made are the very finest traditional roof tiles available today. We source all our raw materials from the finest clay so that our craftsmen can create beautifully hand made clay roof tiles of the highest quality and durability. The manufacturing process is monitored carefully and checked continuously and consistently in the factory to ensure that our standards are strictly adhered to. This is why Heritage Clay Tiles Ltd are the builders go to company for traditional roof tiles and other roofing fittings and accessories.
Glyndebourne House is an English country house, the site of an opera house that, since 1934, has been the venue for the annual Glyndebourne Festival Opera. The house, located near Lewes in East Sussex, is thought to be about six hundred years old and listed at grade II.
There had been a manor house at Glynde Bourne since the fifteenth century, but the exact age of the house is a bit of a mystery. Some surviving timber framing and pre Elizabethan panelling makes an early sixteenth century date the most probable age. In 1618, it came into the possession of the Hay family, passing to James Hay Langham in 1824. He inherited his fathers baronetcy and estate in Northamptonshire in 1833 which under the terms of his inheritance should have led to him relinquishing Glyndebourne, but as a certified lunatic he was unable to do so. After litigation the estate passed to a relative, Mr Langham Christie, but he later had to pay £50,000 to persuade another relative to withdraw a rival claim.
Langham Christies son, William Langham Christie, made substantial alterations to the house in the 1870s. First, a brick extension hid its seventeenth century facade, while ornate stonework and balustrading was added. Then, in 1876, the architect Ewan Christian was engaged to install bay windows and add decorative brickwork to give the house the Jacobethan appearance which can still be seen from the gardens today. Some of the exterior of the older parts of the house can be seen from the driveway next to the theatre.
By the late 1980s the theatres expansion, which had been carried out rather sporadically, included an agglomeration of outbuildings which housed restaurants, dressing rooms, storage and other facilities. It became clear to George Christie that a completely new theatre and not just an enlargement of the old one was necessary. Having chosen the architects Michael and Patty Hopkins of Hopkins Architects in a design competition, Christie announced in 1990 that a new theatre, capable of seating 1,200 people, would be constructed in 1992.
The old theatre in East Sussex hosted its last festival in 1992, and construction of a new and updated 1,200 capacity theatre was well under way. It was completed at a cost of £34 million, 90 per cent of which was raised through donations, which gave the donors control of 28% of the seats. The inaugural performance in the new theatre on 28 May 1994, given sixty years to the day after the old theatres first performance, was Le nozze di Figaro.
The design of the theatre, a large brick oval building, has resulted in a four level, horseshoe shaped auditorium with main level seating, two balconies, and a gallery topped with a circular roof. The over sixty foot high stage building is semi circular in shape and allows for the efficient flying and storage of scenery. The acoustics, by Derek Sugden and Rob Harris of Arup Acoustics, have received a good deal of praise.
If you would like to know more or are interested in a quote we would be happy to help. Phone us on 01708 853 953, email us at email@example.com and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Home » Areas
t: 01708 853 953 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer - Images used on this website are for illustration purposes only and the end product may vary in colour. Samples are available on request.
Copyright © 2018 Heritage Clay Tiles Ltd. All Rights Reserved.